Continuing Medical Education
The Saint Thomas Health (STH) Continuing Medical Education (CME) Department is committed to improving patient care outcomes by developing innovative continuing education activities that promote quality improvements in clinical practice, lifelong learning, and provide spiritually-centered, holistic care to the communities we serve.
Saint Thomas Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The STH CME program offers accredited courses such as live seminars, on-going faculty development, simulation training, and departmental and system-level regularly scheduled series such as grand rounds and tumor boards.
In October 2016, Saint Thomas Health joined the American Board of Medical Specialties as a Portfolio Sponsor in the Multi-Specialty Portfolio Program. This allows STH CME to support the physicians affiliated with STH in their involvement in quality improvements in the delivery of care, patient safety, and quality and practice.
Saint Thomas Health is a member of Ascension, the largest faith-based non-profit healthcare organization. STH operates in the Tennessee market with nine hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities that cover a 68-county area and employ more than 8,000 associates. Our family of nine hospitals includes:
- Saint Thomas West Hospital in Nashville, Tennessee
- Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital in Nashville, Tennessee
- Saint Thomas Hospital for Specialty Surgery in Nashville, Tennessee
- Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital in Murfreesboro, Tennessee
- Saint Thomas Hickman Hospital in Centerville, Tennessee
- Saint Thomas Stones River Hospital in Woodbury, Tennessee
- Saint Thomas Highlands Hospital in Sparta, Tennessee
- Saint Thomas River Park Hospital in McMinnville, Tennessee
- Saint Thomas DeKalb Hospital in Smithville, Tennessee
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable.
Saint Thomas Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education activities for physicians. For more information regarding the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education go to http://www.accme.org